+ Deleted Files Recovery
+ Data recovery from Hard Disk
+ Data recovery from USB / Memory Card
+ RAID Data Recovery
+ Cell Phone / Smartphone Recovery
Deleted Files Recovery
- I accidentally deleted files from my hard disk !
- I copied files over other files that I need !
- I erased all my documents by mistake !
- I have a virus and I cannot see my files !
- I did a format in my disk and lost all my files !
- I reinstalled Windows and forgot to backup my files !
- I accidentally erased files from my phone and I don't have a backup !
We face cases like these daily. Everyday we work more and more with storage devices. The more devices we use increases the likelihood of human errors as well as the potential risk of both Viruses and spyware.
Accidental deletion of files - I deleted files that I need!
Many times we delete files by mistake, and then, we empty the recycle bin. As a result we lose valuable files. Othertimes, days after we have deleted files we remember that we don't have a backup of the deleted files.
The more time that has passed since the deletion, the harder it is to recover your files. The more your operating system "writes" new data to your disk or USB stick, the less likely it is to find what you want.
The reason is that when writing a file to your hard disk, an entry is made in the master file table of the disk (MFT). When deleting the file, it deletes the entry from the directory (MFT) and not the actual data from the disk. This will be checked randomly by the operating system. The location of the data will be on the next file to be written to the disk, and can occupy those sectors of the disk which have just been released for future record.
So if you have erased your files and you cannot find them, Thai Data Recovery Laboratories can help you. Stop using your computer and contact Thai Data Recovery immediately.
There are forums and free programs with instructions.
Why should I go to a data recovery company?
All the cases described above refer to Logical Data Recovery. This procedure is usually done by a variety of different software. The storage device is cloned to hardware copying sector by sector of the storage device and prevents recordings. Finally, an image of the data is made and encrypted.
There are many programs on the internet that can be used to make logical data recovery. As well as many topics on forums in which users discuss data recovery. At Thai Data Recovery Laboratories the logical data recovery process has a specific protocol ensuring that our clients will get the maximum possible recovery of their files, our unique process is not listed on any forum and is not achieved with software that is widely popular and available to the end user.
This means that if you try to apply different methods that you find on the internet, you may not get all the files on your disk. In fact, the omission of some important steps may lead to permanent loss of files that could be recovered if you will use our services.
Many individuals who don’t care much for the flies they have lost, may attempt to recover some data with free software. But if your data is critical for your company or yourself, you wouldn’t want to risk it and get fewer files than you would recover if you had sent your storage media to our professionals.
I accidentally formatted my disk and lost all my files.
There are frequent situations with high success rate if we get the disk directly to Thai Data Recovery. When the user has accidentally formatted his disk or a partition of the disk that contains very important data. It is very important in such cases to get the disk as soon as possible to our laboratories.The more you use the disk, the less likely it is to get the data you need. Contact our technicians to advise you in case you accidentally formatted your hard disk, memory card (SD, MicroSD), the USB stick or mobile phone.
I have a virus on my system and I no longer have access to my files
Most virus and spyware don’t destroy your data. This means that it can affect a system, make it unable to boot, but your data are intact. Even in cases where files have been affected by a virus (and this applies particularly to Office files - word, excel, access etc) the virus can usually be successfully removed without losing the file.
So if your system can not boot and you can not access your files, you can call us to give you the best solution depending on the criticality of your data.
Restore Data from the following operating systems
Our company can recover data from all operating systems. Below you can see a list of usual incidents we are facing:
- Microsoft Windows® : 3.x
- Windows Vista
- Apple Mac
If your data is critical for you, it would not be wise to experiment with internet tips &tricks. You might save a little money but it would certainly to disappointing to find out that you have adversely affected the percentage of recovered files. Stop using your storage device and contact us.
Data recovery from Hard Disk
- I have a problem with my hard drive !
- My hard disk doesn't work !
- The hard drive is not recognized by BIOS !
- I can hear a sound like "tic tac "coming from my disk !
- My hard disk isn't getting power !
- I've lost important data from my disk and I don't have that I backup
If you have a problem with your system hard drive and you have no backup of your files, do not despair. Thai Data Recovery Labs can recover your data storage medium that has a mechanical problem or any problem in the circuit board (PCB).
If you want to find out in which Damage category you are, then check the description of symptoms of the various categories and match any of the symptoms that you are facing :
Logical Data Recovery
A. Fully functional disk with lost files
Logical Data Recovery is the process were we can recover lost files from a fully functional disk. You can find below some of the common problems of this category :
- Lost partition - Problem when partitioning the disk
- Damaged partition - Partition which is not recognized or deleted
- File deletion by mistake
- File problem by virus / spyware
- Deleted email
- Lost email (fromOutlook, Outlook express, Thunderbird etc) - Problem with .pst file
- Database problem - Cannot open sql or mdb file
- Write files over other
- Deleted documents
Firmware Data Recovery
B. Problem within the program (firmware) of your hard disk
- The drive sounds like it spins but I have no access to data
- The hard drive suddenly disappeared from my system
- My hard drive appears as 0GB
- The drive shows a message that it needs format
- The disk can not start, it sounds like tic tac - Click of Death
PCB Repair Recovery
C. Problem on hard disk board
Problems relating to the electronic circuit of the disk:
- There is a clearly burnt chip
- The board of the disk smells burnt
- Overheating of the electronic circuit board of the hard disk
- The drive does not spin to start
- The drive does not get power
Physical Data Recovery
D. Mechanical problem
Problems in the mechanical parts of the hard disk which are usually presented with the following symptoms on your hard disk:
- Noise is heard from the disk
- The disk can not start, it sounds like tic tac - Click of Death
- Problem with the drive heads
- A strong sound comes from the disk
- The disk fell down and stopped be recognized by the operating system
- The disk fell while working
Data recovery from USB/ Memory Card
- USB memory stick is broken!
- I can't see my data on USB flash...
- The data from the USB stick are lost...
- USB shows zero capacity!
- USB flash asks format every time it is connected!
In the category of recovering data from NAND chip, as technically called in our laboratory all the following media are classified:
- Data Recovery from USB flash
- Data Recovery from USB stick
- Data Recovery from memory card
Logical data recovery problems on memory cards or USB flash stick
In this category are classified problems concerning memory cards or USB sticks to which there has been false deletion or format and the customer has not kept backup. If the customer has not, under his own initiative, made use of software, then we have more than 95% chance of recovery. But if there have been recovery programs used from the customer or other technician, actions may have been made that prevent us from recovering your data. Read more in section: Logical Data Recovery.
Problems on the electronic card of USB stick
to magnetic fields, the electronic circuit of the flash USB or memory cards presents problems. Under these circumstances it is not possible to recover data unless the electronic card is repaired. If the damage is great, the NAND chip is extracted from the circuit and is decoded in our laboratories, a process that takes time and raises the final cost for the customer.
Decoding NAND Chips
When there is no other way to extract data from a USB stick or a memory card, then the NAND chip is detached from the circuit with caution. This NAND chip has all the data that was in our storage medium and main condition for the recovery is that it is functional.
Data stored on the chip, is recorded in hexadecimal notation and coded. Its decoding is actually undertaken by the Controller chip, which is usually damaged. Our work therefore relies on the export of encoded data (Dump the NAND chip) and decoding them. The decoding algorithm of a NAND chip can be simple, ie the technician may need a few hours to find the encryption way, but can also be difficult and may take several weeks or months to decode the data. Of course the main goal of this type of investigation is the recovery of the information desired, the amount of work will effect the cost.
Thai Data Recovery Laboratories is receiving large quantities of NAND chips due to both the tools and experience in the field of NAND chips decoding. Our Research team has succeeded to decode hundreds of algorithms of NAND chips and continuously contributing the research of data recovery companies and foreign manufacturing companies. Collaborations with both Russia and China and also with participating in international conferences, our research team can succeed in cases considered “irrecoverable” as long as the NAND chip is in good condition.
From what mediums can we recover data ?
The following media have all as a basis the NAND chips or similar chips for storing user data. So the difficulty depends on the type of chip. Greater difficulties exist in monolith chips (mini SD, XD, etc).
Our company can recover data from:
- Data Cards of all types
- xD Media
- monolith chips
Data Recovery from SSD Disk
An SSD hard disk has approximately the same structure as a USB. Many believe that the SSD drives are safer in terms reliability because they have no moving parts. This is true because SSD drive will not find any head set, or other moving mechanical parts as in a conventional hard drive. An SSD drive consists of a circuit board with various integrated circuits and the main part is the storage NAND Chips.
The SSD drives may not be at risk of crash or other damage, but they are at risk from:
- High variations in their power supply
- Unexpected shutdown
- Static electricity
- High magnetic fields
Most well known SSD manufacturing companies at the moment are Sandisk, Toshiba, Intel and OCZ.
Data recovery from SSD hard drives is similar to retrieving data from USB stick or memory card, but given the large number of NAND chips, the level of difficulty is very high and the time required is substantially longer.
RAID Data Recovery
- RAID is lost from my system!
- A drive from RAID SCSI on our Server is broken!
- There is an indication that the SCSI drive in the RAID needs replacement!
- There is a RAID error and I don't know what to do!
- I need immediate data recovery from RAID in Thailand!
RAID systems are common mainly to corporate customers and most R.A.I.D. systems consist of SCSI or SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) hard drives. Data recovery from SCSI and SAS drives, is a particularly difficult procedure on itself due to the construction of these drives, all the more so when they are located in a RAID array.
Thai Data Recovery specializes in SCSI Recovery and SAS Recovery
SCSI and SAS disks are hard disks specially made for servers. They are faster and more reliable. Thai Data Recovery is the most experience Data Recovery company in this field. We have invested in purchasing diagnostic equipment that supports most SCSI and SAS models, so we can tell in 2-3 days, what exactly is the problem with your SCSI/SAS Hard disk. We receive more than 3 SCSI/SAS cases per month and most of the problems are resolved within 5-15 days. If your SCSI hard disk or your SAS hard disk failed, then Thai Data Recovery is the data recovery company that you should trust to have the best results for your data. Most SCSI or SAS disks come into RAID arrays and most of the time they consist of 2 or more drives.
What do you need to do when your RAID system is broken?
Should a RAID system collapse the actions that need to take place would need to be taken by one who has good knowledge of the RAID technology before one attempts to tamper with a Server or NAS that has a problem and has a RAID array. Otherwise, one wrong move can destroy all data on your system. RAID arrays, that are commonly found in storage systems and backup Servers, are particularly vulnerable to human error due to their complex operation.
Caution is required by the technician who will work with the system before coming to our labs:
- If you replace the drive, the new drive should be new and clean. The use of a drive that was in another RAID system is prohibited.
- Label with an indelible marker wires leading to each drive as well as the drives. It is very important, when you contact a RAID system data recovery company, that they know which drive was connected to each cable. The best thing to do if you notice a problem in the RAID array is to transfer the entire unit to the laboratory where the data will be recovered.
- The RAID Controller as well as the cables need to be transferred to to our laboratory and it would be best if they are not disconnected from the drives.
- If one or more of the SCSI or SAS drives of the system, makes no noise or all you can hear is a "tak tak" you need to accelerate the transfer of the system to our laboratories, since it usually means that the drives are in an unstable condition.
- The conventional recovery tools do not work on drives which are located in a RAID array and their use is not suggested since they can cause irreparable damage.
Contact immediately a specialized company to recover data from your RAID system and don't do any tests since RAID systems are particularly sensitive to technicians' errors.
RAID systems are implemented for the following reasons:
- Data security, so as a RAID system can write simultaneously to two or more drives.
- Speed, where the implementation of record is done on two drives simultaneously and nearly the double speed is achieved.
- Speed and security.
Thai Data Recovery Laboratories offers specialization on RAID Servers and SCSI RAID Servers
SCSI drives and RAID systems, due to their great cost, are used mainly by corporations that require a more reliable solution for their backup Server, to ensure maximum security for stored data. Therefore, lesions concerning ATA RAID, SATA RAID, SCSI RAID and now SAS RAID are not so common.
Up until 2007 such cases (SCSI & SAS) were dealt by our parent company abroad. Since 2007, however, the administration of Thai Data Recovery Laboratories, after accepting several such incidents, decided to invest in specialized equipment for recovery of SCSI RAID and SAS RAID in the laboratory (if you have a data recovery company contact us for dealing with such cases).
Cell Phone / Smartphone Recovery
- I lost all mobile contacts!
- I accidentally deleted photos from iPhone!
- I formatted my Android phone!
- I deleted Smartphone memory!
- I erased phone's memory card!
- I lost data from my iPhone
- I need Data Recovery from my Android!
All smartphones of the market have memory cards (micro SD, memory cards, etc.) that are used to store photos, videos, etc. Also many mobile phones store data in the internal phone memory card.
Data Recovery from Android phone
Android is an operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers based on Linux. Data recovery from Android phone or tablet is a very delicate procedure which needs specific step by step protocol, with which if not complied you may lost your data forever. Lots of our clients attempt to perform Android Data Recovery by themselves, and in that case, we rarely can take any data. So if your android phone data is deleted by mistake, don't attempt any do it yourself data recovery instruction found in the internet. If you do something wrong, then even a data recovery company cannot help you.
Data Recovery from iPhone
Thai Data Recovery Labs receive several jailbroken iPhones or original iOS iPhones monthly which are either dysfunctional or have lost data by accidental deletion. In most cases data recovery from iPhone may be possible with a good rate, given the fact that the user hasn't used the iPhone for a long time. iPhone data recovery must be performed using special equipment in order to get better results, in order not to destroy more data on the device.
Tips for those who have lost data from Android phones or iPhone.
- Stop using your phone.With each boot your data recovery gets harder.
- Don't use programs that you found on the internet.
- Do not go to mobile phone shops. It is more likely to make wrong moves.
Download and print our Diagnostic form before you send us your media
or contact us for your FREE diagnostics.
In Case of Emergency